Welcome to our Blog


Family ~ "What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." ~ George Eliot

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

(Poem) A Childhood Book



A Childhood Book - Marie Powell's House

Today while I was cleaning, I found a cherished book
Which brought back childhood memories as I paused to take a look.
All the verses unfold to me; all the pictures are the same
Only I have grown much older and have changed in looks and name.
Dear old book of childhood, you make me dream of many things;
A trip to a far off land of pirates, castles, kings ...
You helped me see the beauty of familiar nearby things,
The picture by the fireside, the colors of the flower,
The vastness of the oceans, the magic of the showers,
The sweetness of the bird songs, the distance of the skies,
The coming of the springtime, the glory of the sunrise.
I'll close your cover gently and lay you here in sight.
Hoping other hands still clasp you, when our girls come home tonight.
May your lines inspire children; help them wondrous things to see.
Take them to the land of dreaming, as dear book you once took me.

by Marie W. Powell