Welcome to our Blog


Family ~ "What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." ~ George Eliot

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

(Poem) To Vaughn

To: Vaughn ~~ From: Marie

I sit beside the window
and think of you, my Dear.
The room is filled with darkness --
You are no longer here.
I listen for your footsteps,
I wait for your return.
My heart is filled with longing --
And for your smile I yearn.
The moments seem like hours,
the hours like long years.
But hark, I hear you coming
and cast away my fears.
No longer am I silent --
Up from the chair I bound.
No longer discontented --
My heart begins to pound.
With open arms I greet you,
and from my heart, I say,
"My darling I have missed you
while you have been away."

by Marie W. Powell