Welcome to our Blog


Family ~ "What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." ~ George Eliot

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

(Poem) The Gift



The Gift

What did you bring me, love of mine?
A pretty lacy valentine?
A gown of silk,
A rose of red,
A downy pillow for my head,
A music box all graceful fine?
Which of these would prove you mine?
You bring to me a helping hand.
You enter in to what I've planned.
A kindly word when I am low;
You wait for me when I am slow.
When the task is hard to do,
I know I can depend on you.
What did you bring me, love of mine?
The greatest gift that one can find!
The very best of gifts, it's true --
All I'll ever want -- just you!

by Marie W. Powell
Marie to Vaughn - Valentine's Day - 1989