Welcome to our Blog


Family ~ "What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." ~ George Eliot

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

(Poem) Fifty Years Has Come and Gone



Fifty Years Have Come and Gone

Fifty years have come and gone since first we said "I do."
I was only seventeen, and he was twenty-two.
He's been away for many months,
Had served his country well.
I had planned to be a nurse
But love had cast its spell.
My nursing roommate knew his friend,
And so we chanced to meet.
She introduced me to this "guy"
Who swept me off my feet.
It was a lovely golden fall,
Bright sun on every leaf.
We walked and talked and dreamed our dreams.
Our courtship was so brief.
He said if you will be my wife,
You'll be my private nurse for life.
Five darling girls were sent our way.
How they've enriched our life each day.

by Marie W. Powell