Welcome to our Blog


Family ~ "What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." ~ George Eliot

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

(Poem) My Child


My Child

My child, I watched you as you grew,
But all the time of course I knew,
Someday you'd have to try your wings,
And fly away to other things.

Those special times we used to share;
Your slippered feet and ribboned hair,
Your face aglow
I loved you so!

The years have passed, you're fully grown
Yes, you have children of your own.
No matter! You will always be
A darling little girl to me!

Each year I watched you as you grew,
and all the while of course I knew
So soon you'd need to spread your wings
and fly away to other things.

From baby days to toddler days -
Then bikes and skates -
Then books and boys till now -
Indeed you've tried those wings
and flown away to other things.

by Marie W. Powell