Welcome to our Blog


Family ~ "What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." ~ George Eliot

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dad



Dad - August 19, 2011 @4:30 p.m. (Forwarded from our old website)

Today, I started looking back at some of the websites I had made and realized that one of the sites was missing.  This was such an important site to me because it was a site I had built for my Dad about a year before he became sick and passed away.  I kind of felt like I did when dad died.  It felt like a part of me was missing.  I felt so discouraged and so upset that I could not think about the possibilities to help this situation. All I felt was loss.

It is funny how things happen in your life and how much effect they have on you.  I did not stop to think that all the memories were still in my mind.  Dad's site may have been deleted, but his memory was not gone.  This realization made me happy again, and I knew that I could rebuild a website.  It made me realize that things are not important, because they can always be replaced.  What is important are the memories and the relationships we have had in our lives and how we have learned from everything, (good or bad), and made life better.

Changes in our lives are always hard, especially if we are not prepared for the change.  I have struggled with things that have happened in my life, only to realize that I cannot change what has happened, but learn and accept my responsibility to move ahead. We can let the things that we cannot control have a negative effect on us, or we can choose to learn and move forward.  I think moving forward sometimes is the hardest challenge in our lives.  I am determined to look at the events in my life that have made me feel desperate, and choose to make lemonade out of lemons.

So, Dad's website may have been deleted, but I can make another.  I have all the memories in my head. I can move forward!   Thanks Dad....another lesson learned.

Steph Drake