Welcome to our Blog


Family ~ "What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." ~ George Eliot

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

God's Yellow Leaf


God's Yellow Leaf

A bright yellow leaf trickled down from the sky
As I walked along the path.
I watched it gently sway in the breeze until it
Landed very near my grasp.

I looked at its color, its shape and its beauty
As I held it close to my view.
I then looked up to see the magnificence of
The tree from whence it grew. 

This tiny golden leaf had lived its life
From sprout to calming shade. 
Through sun and rain, and windy days,
Its purpose had been made.

Sometimes we need to stop for a moment
To understand the reasons
For all that happens in our lives,
For changes in the seasons.

The trickling down of one yellow leaf
Made me realize His plan.
Be grateful for the life that you are given,
And do the best you can.

by Steph Drake - November 1, 2011

(The picture was taken on our "Hunt For Red October" trip
to northern Georgia in October 2011 and the inspiration for this poem.)