Welcome to our Blog


Family ~ "What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." ~ George Eliot

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Why? Because!!!



Why?  Because!!! - May 1, 2009 @ 10:50 a.m. (Forwarded from our old website)

Do you ever wonder what compels someone to share their thoughts with the world? Is it a need to be heard, remembered, appreciated, loved? Sometimes, for me, it is just an outlet of stored energy; the need to feel creative; the need to let go.  It really does not matter if others understand my need, but for me it  somehow releases who I am on paper.

I recently realized that sometimes how I understand things in my mind,  can be so totally different when seen up close.  It is startling when you have a thought for years in your head, and then suddenly that thought is altered by facts that surround you.  You not only see the reality, but you feel the change in yourself.  You realize that "all that glitters is not gold."  Things are not always as they seem.  It kind of rattles the brain.

I have decided that it is ok to establish beliefs, but to not be handcuffed to them.  It is important to allow yourself to accept reality, but then go on.  Shattered beliefs are ok, if you go on.  Change your road, continue on, do not hold onto what was, but hold onto what is.  Always go forward. Smile and move on!

Steph Drake